Monday, January 9, 2012

1/3 OB Appointment

Nothing too exciting to report. My OB decided that I could go ahead and keep my growth scan appointment w/my Peri on 2/14 and I found out that at my next appointment I will be receiving my RhoGAM shot(this is because my blood type is A-) and I get to do the one hour glucose challenge.  I can't wait to drink the flat, sugary drink that I've heard so many wonderful things about....please note sarcasm ;-)  The big topic discussed at my appointment and that will be continued at my next appointment is whether or not to stay on my daily Lovenox shots.  For those of you that don't know, I have MTHFR and was on baby aspirin and Folgard prior to becoming pregnant. Once I became pregnant I started daily injections of Lovenox. Now that I am over half way through my pregnancy my Peri and my OB have said I could go off of the Lovenox and switch back to the baby aspirin. The Hematologist basically said it's up to me, so my dilemma is... Stay on an anticoagulant, in which case I will switch from Lovenox to Heparin closer to my due date because it leaves your system quicker and I will have a scheduled induction due to being on the medication. OR discontinue the anticoagulant and hope that everything continues going well with my pregnancy, both doctors say that it should.  However, you know me and I'm a worrier and second guesser so if anything were to go wrong I would definitely be saying, what if...  So that is where we are w/that. I have a couple more questions for my OB at my next appointment in order to help us make our final decision.

My next appointment is 1/30.

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm probably the odd one here, but I actually liked the glucose drink. I had fruit punch both times and it was cold and yummy!

    I know you have a very tough decision to make, and I know how hard it is for you. There is also the Lovenox to 36 weeks and then go off completely and get NSTs option too, if your OB will go for it. :-)